You can’t force a habit on yourself!
No book particular book can make you get the reading habit!
- Firstly, Find the book that interests you, It can be Harry Potter or whichever you like.
- Secondly, Make a ritual to read at a particular time, I read for at least 30 mins before drifting to sleep.
These are the books which I believe would have done wonders to me if only I had read them a few years back (when I in school; basically when I was a teen)
I would strongly recommend these 5 books , in fact every person should read these !
Please don’t just read the first three books , absorb them !
this will give you motivation & will unveil you the power of desire.
I have watched hundreds of TED talks , but this one , this one is sheer brilliance .
I infact have saved this video offline (believe me I rarely do that :p)
Not just the content , but the way he delivers leaves me awestruck.
Ladies and gentlemen ,
here I present you ,
Larry Smith‘s Ted Talk
“WHY YOU WILL FAIL TO HAVE A GREAT CAREER”
PS: Larry Smith is widely acclaimed economist & orator.
“To live like a king , You must work like a slave”
This is one of the most motivating one liner i read , everyday when i feel like doing nothing , i say this to myself & it works !
Have a good day ahead 🙂
Our Thinking is the reflection of what we read and what kind of environment we live in.
Below are the things which I have tried and definately have changed me a lot .
- Friends ! we all have friends , and they are amazing, they make your life adventurous and awesome. But many times it’s the friend circle which impacts your thinking like nothing else . If your friends are alcoholic , than there’s a high chance that they will turn you into one , if your friends are reluctant towards studies , there’s a high chance that your attitude towards studies will change totally (&that happens a lot in college life).
Tip : chose friend circle wisely , never feel obliged to keep a friendship , leave the circle when you feel they are dragging you down !
- What we read impacts us a lot , I have noticed that reading on Facebook and reading comments on news pages made me sad & angry , and the same things will remain in my mind throughout the day . In this era , we can’t totally stop using fb etc , best thing you can do this is unfollow the pages which share hate & non sense news like TOI .
tip : make a rule never to check comments on a news link. They are all full of hate and they will make you feel bad or angry for sure .
- Watch awesome YouTube videos , watch TED talks , watch motivational movies like pursuit of happiness.
tip: stop watching things like big boss don’t watch news on TV.
- Read good novels like Think and grow Rich , reading good Novel impacts like nothing else.
tip : make a habit to make short notes of the novels you read , so that you don’t end up forgetting the awesome things you learned after a month of reading the novel. And remember to chose a book wisely .
- And most importantly don’t just remain on bed aimlessly , like a saying says ‘an empty mind is a devil’s mind’ , keep doing things , learn sketching , learn new language or just start watching Khan academy videos !
PS: edits are welcomed , feel free to comment or msg me Incase you want to discuss a thing. 🙂
Have a nice day ahead.